Terms and Conditions
Our full terms of business are set out below and are for the provision of our website and advertised products and services and are subject to addition in future agreements.
Last updated: 21st March 2019
- For the purpose of this contract Robertson Webb Limited shall be referred to as the company, and the client, is the person(s), business or legal entity instructing the company and shall be referred to as the client.
- The company shall use its best endeavours to pursue and collect overdue or bad debts for a period not exceeding sixty three (63) days. After sixty three (63) days, the company shall report its findings in writing to the client. Extension of this service contract will be offered in writing if the company feels it is necessary to do so.
- The company shall not undertake cases for Fraud Recovery on a No Recovery, No Fee basis. All cases that include recovery of fraudulent activity will be offered on a Fixed Fee basis only.
- The company shall act for and on behalf of the client's written instructions as agents and representatives of the client.
- The company does not undertake mediation for the resolution of disputes between debtors and clients, with exception to the following:
- Issues relating to the payment of the outstanding debt by the debtor directly to the client.
- To determine any potential fraudulent activity.
- That the comapany feels is necessary to successfully conduct its services.
- All monies collected by the company shall be paid to the client and shall be subject to a commission payment to the company by the client as outlined in our fee guide which can be requested by the client at any time. Should no collection be made no commission will be charged with the exception of any fixed fee collections. Collection shall also be deemed to have applied where monies have been transferred from debtor direct to the client as a result of the company's involvement, in which case the appropriate commission charges shall apply.
- Once a debt has been issued to the company any monies received by the client including monies received by the client direct from the debtor/s or goods returned in lieu from whatever source will be deemed a collection as a result of direct action by the company and payment from the client to the company will be due to be paid in full within 14 days of receipt as stated in para 4.
- Both parties agree that no legal proceedings on settlements shall be entered into by the company on behalf of the client without first obtaining the clients permission to do so in writing and then only upon receipt of the appropriate legal fees.
- The client shall have, at all times, the right to terminate this contract subject with the condition that all administration fees are not refundable and that there should no entitlement to the client to make the demand upon the company to refund any administration fee whether in whole or part.
- The Company reserves the right to terminate a service contract immediately without prior notice should it be found that the Client presented false or inaccurate information when instructing the Company.
- For fixed fee recoveries. the client shall pay to the company an administration fee in respect of this agreement, as specified in our fee guide.
- The company shall not be expected to provide written progress reports to the client or agents of the client within the 120-day period of the contract verbal reports can be provided by contacting the company's offices and quoting the unique client reference number.
- The Company will not be held responsible/liable for debtor's whereabouts proving insuperable, or in the event of the debtor not being, for legal reasons, able to underwrite the debt.
- The Company has the right to terminate any service contract with the Client should the Client not respond to a notice communicated to the Client.
- Following any applications made to the court in relation to debt recovery, should the court be unwilling to accept or progress an application, the Company shall not be held responsible, in this event the Company will have the right to terminate the service contract immediately and the Client may wish to directly submit the application instead.
- The Company hereby undertakes to observe confidentially at all times.
- The Company agrees to comply with current legislation relating to data protection in relation to personal data received from the Client in the course of providing a service.
- The Company will act as a processor within the meaning given in Article 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- The Client warrants that any transfer of personal data made to the Company is lawful.
- Personal data will include names, contact details and financial information relating to the Client's debtors. Processing under these Terms will involve the storage of these data in the Company's systems, their use in preparing casework, and their transfer to those involved in the procedure of recovering a debt, for identification of, travel to and contact with the Client's Debtors. Processing will continue for as long as the service is being carried out, and data will be retained in accordance with the Company's established data retention policy.
- The Client grants the Company general written authority to appoint additional processors as may be necessary for the purpose of processing determined by the controller, provided that they are subject to the same terms as the Company (below).
- The Company agrees to the following obligations and restrictions in relation to the processing of personal data transferred to it by the Client
- the Company will not determine the purpose or means of processing;
- the Company will process personal data only on documented instructions of the Client;
- the Company commits to maintaining the confidentiality of the personal data;
- the Company takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security of personal data appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons;
- the Company will assist the Client in the fulfilment of any obligation to which they are subject, in relation to requests for exercising data subjects' rights;
- the Company will delete or return all personal data to the Client when processing ceases, unless any legal obligation requires otherwise; and
- the Company will make available to the Client all information necessary to demonstrate compliance with data protection law and allows for and contributes to audits, including inspections, conducted by the data controller or another auditor as they may mandate.
- Some parts of the Service are billed on a subscription basis ("Subscription(s)"). You will be billed in advance on a recurring basis as per the product/service terms you subscribe to.
- Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Robertson Webb Limited.
- Robertson Webb Limited has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Robertson Webb Limited shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will provide at least 30 (thirty) days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.